Our world is pretty messed up. Followers of Jesus are called to help make things right. We do this through acts of justice, helping to build God’s Kingdom here on earth as it is in heaven. Learn more about justice in the Bible
Our Justice Partners
Care for the unhoused by regularly serving meals at our neighborhood shelter.
Partner: Clackamas Service Center
Get Involved with Clackamas Service Center
Help us serve Sunday Dinner
We meet at a set location and carpool together after the second service on Sundays. Together we prepare the food, set up the dining space, welcome and serve the members who come and clean up. We aim to return to church by 5pm. Serve as an individual, Life Group, or family.
Other Opportunities to Serve:
Volunteer as an individual during the day
Donate needed items (contact us for details)
Assemble care packages (contact us for details)
Help refugees adjust during their first days and years in the greater Portland area. FAQs
Partner: Refugee Care Collective
Get Involved with Refugee Care Collective
- Provide a restart kit for a refugee family
- See restart kit list
- Have your Life Group "adopt" a family
- Pray for refugees all around the world and those that are relocating to Portland
- Pray for their safety, health, and provisions
Help ex-prisoners reintegrate into society by enfolding them into community at New Hope.
Partner: Bridge Church via Prison Fellowship
Get Involved with Bridge Church via Prison Fellowship *18+ to participate
Men and women who have an authentic encounter with Christ behind bars need the support of the local church when they return to society. As a Prison Fellowship Bridge Church we provide opportunities for volunteers to:
- Write cards, letters, or make visits to chosen prisoners prior to release.
- Be a mentor to an ex-prisoner. You’re fully trained by Prison Fellowship as you encourage, befriend, and guide.
- Work with a local reentry team to help the ex-prisoner find clothing, housing, and employment.
Raise awareness and help combat the destructive impact of sex trafficking and modern day slavery.
Get Involved with Compassion Connect, Anti-Human Trafficking Initiatives
Raise awareness and help combat the impact of human trafficking.
- Learn to identify signs of trafficking in our community
- Volunteer to empower at risk young women
- Donate full-size toiletries and used, recent model cell phones for after-care
Africa: Open Arms International
Care for orphaned and abandoned children in Africa through medical expertise, education, and ministry.
Global Partner: Open Arms International, Eldoret, Kenya
Get Involved with Open Arms International
- Go to Africa with a New Hope team
- Next trip: Please check back at a later time
- In Africa, assist with medical teams, outreach events, children’s programs, building projects, and more.
- Our greatest needs are for doctors, nurses, dentists, dental hygienists, pastors, and experienced children's workers.
- Sponsor a child
- Contribute financially to Open Arms International
Mexico: Welcome Home Outreach
Build homes, and help provide free Christ-centered preschool and daycare for single parent families.
Global Partner: Welcome Home Outreach, Vicente Guerrero
Get Involved with Welcome Home Outreach
- Go to Mexico with a New Hope team
- In Mexico, work alongside ministries providing a women’s shelter, an elder care facility, a men’s rehabilitation facility, a preschool/daycare, and building projects
- Contribute clothing and hygiene items
- Contribute financially