Our world is pretty messed up. Followers of Jesus are called to help make things right. We do this through acts of justice, helping to build God’s Kingdom here on earth as it is in heaven. Learn more about justice in the Bible
Our Justice Partners
Care for the homeless by regularly serving meals at our neighborhood homeless shelter.
Partner: Clackamas Service Center
Get Involved with Clackamas Service Center
- Serve a meal once a month
- Serve with a New Hope Team
- Serve with your Life Group
- We are looking for people who love to cook. This would mean cooking for around 100 people. Food would need to be ready at Clackamas Service Center by 4:45 pm.
- Volunteer as an individual during the day
- Donate needed items (contact us for details)
- Assemble care packages (contact us for details)
Help refugees adjust during their first days and years in the greater Portland area. FAQs
Partner: Refugee Care Collective
Help ex-prisoners reintegrate into society by enfolding them into community at New Hope.
Partner: Bridge Church via Prison Fellowship
Get Involved with Bridge Church via Prison Fellowship
Men and women who have an authentic encounter with Christ behind bars need the support of the local church when they return to society. A Prison Fellowship Bridge Church:
- Write cards, letters, or make visits to chosen prisoners prior to release.
- Be a mentor to an ex-prisoner. You’re fully trained by Prison Fellowship as you encourage, befriend, and guide.
- Work with a local reentry team to help the ex-prisoner find clothing, housing, and employment.
Raise awareness and help combat the destructive impact of sex trafficking and modern day slavery.
Get Involved with World Venture, Anti-Sex Trafficking Initiatives
Raise awareness and help combat the impact of sex trafficking.
- Learn about the things going on in our community
Africa: Open Arms International
Help orphaned and abandoned children in Africa through medical expertise, education, and ministry.
Global Partner: Open Arms International, Eldoret, Kenya
Get Involved with Open Arms International
- Go to the Africa with a New Hope team
- In Africa assist with medical teams, outreach events, children’s programs, building projects, and more.
- Our greatest needs are for doctors, nurses, dentists, dental hygienists, pastors, and experienced children's workers.
- Sponsor a child
- Contribute financially to Open Arms International
Mexico: Welcome Home Outreach
Build homes, and help provide free Christ-centered preschool and daycare for single parent families.
Global Partner: Welcome Home Outreach, Vicente Guerrero
Get Involved with Welcome Home Outreach
- Go to the Mexico with a New Hope team
- In Mexico work alongside ministries providing a women’s shelter, an elder care facility, a men’s rehabilitation facility, a preschool/daycare, and building projects
- Contribute clothing and hygiene items
- Contribute financially